January Reads

All in all, January wasn't that bad reading wise, especially considering that I had another pet's emergency. I was expecting this year to be different, but apparently some things don't change. My cat Mia who had undergo a surgery back in October to remove two lumps, had to be operated once again, and this time she had a cardiac arrest during surgery. Luckily she was able to recover. I got there a little after the operation had ended and stayed with her in the vet, giving her the oxygen mask and just petting her, trying to make her calm down. She had one mammary chain removed, but I am once again concerned because I can feel something right next to the stitches. According to the vet it is still to soon to tell if the things I am feeling are tumours or just the inside stitches.

My life sucks.

On to books...

4 Stars:

The Star of New Mexico - Seanan McGuire The School for Good and Evil - Soman Chainani Spinning Thorns - Anna Sheehan

3,5 Stars

A World Without Princes - Soman Chainani

3 Stars

The Way Home - Seanan McGuire Bookishly Ever After - Isabel Bandeira The Last Ever After - Soman Chainani

2 Stars

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles) - Marissa Meyer The Hollow - Nora RobertsBlood Brothers - Nora Roberts

1 Star

The Sweetest Chase (Heart of the Storm) - Sharla Lovelace Crewel - Gennifer Albin

Total reads- 12 Books (1 of them a Re-read, "Blood Brothers")

2 Short-Stories: "The Star of New Mexico" and "The Way Home"

2 Netgalley Arcs: "The Sweetest Chase" ( that didn't go all that good o_o and then I get surprised that my requests keep being denied, lol) and "Bookishly Ever After"

I've read a Trilogy: Soman Chainani's  "School For Good and Evil" which ended  up being pretty good. Especially the first one.

1 DNF- "Crewel", in the wise words of author Sarah Rees Brennan "I just couldn't find any duck to give" to it. So, so long.

5 Retellings...another thing that doesn't change, lol

Biggest disappointment?

Probably, "Winter": I was expecting so much more :/

Still no five star ratings, but 2016 is still young ;)

As for favourite reads, The Star of New Mexico, broke my heart in tiny little pieces... and I am still suffering from a mild case of book hangover given by Spinning Thorns.

Now off to decide what to read in February :)