I'll read the second one now please!

The Crown - Colleen Oakes

Arc provided by SparkPress (a Book Sparks imprint) through Netgalley

A very promising beginning to a very addictive series featuring Dinah, the future Queen of Hearts immortalized by Lewis Carroll imagination, in Alice in Wonderland.

What can i say about this book without giving any sort of spoilers?

This is the story of a princess, who doesn't live a fairy tale. She lives in a fairy tale scenario. But her life mostly resembles a nightmare.

This is the story of the princess destined to be Queen, alongside her father, _ the King _ upon the occasion of her eighteen year birthday. Unfortunately things won't be that linear...

There are dangers and enemies all around her, being Cheshire _the king adviser _ the most dangerous of them. ( But in this story, he is not a cat...)

If it wasn't for a few servants, a single friend and her brother, Charles, the Mad Hatter she wouldn't have anyone.

Forced to control and disguise what she thinks and feels, Dinah lives a constant life of fear.

Let me tell you about the writing...

It flows in such a smooth way, that if you have the time, you'll probably end up reading it in one single flow!

I Know it! Because i kept counting the minutes until i could return to this cruel, but even so, addictive world!!

Through a span of years, we see how the naive girl_ of the beginning of the story_ will turn out into a fierce woman ready to do what is needed, for the sake of her kingdom.

I absolutely ended up loving Dinah. And i honestly wasn't expecting it!

I loved to see her transformation, into a responsible woman. Although we can already see how everything that she goes through, is already leaving a mark on her mind...

I honestly don't even know if this book can be seen as young adult. There' so many horrific details in the story, that after a while i wasn't even sure if i still reading a ya retelling.

More like a Game of Thrones meets Wonderland, retelling!

For those of you, you may be wondering about the existence of not, of a romance (lol)....well, not really..

Dinah do thinks herself in love with someone...but i don't know _ and honestly, i couldn't care less! Because that's such a small part of the story, when so many things are happening!

Heads are literally being cut! There's a horrific building in which people are being tortured! Dinah is fighting for her life!!

I'm so glad that the romance isn't a big part of this.

Now i'll just have to wait and see/read what is going to happen next!!

Hopefully the waiting for "Wendy Darling" (the second book) won't take too much!!

Please, don't let it take too long !! O_O

So, do give this a try!! Apparently it's going to be released on Valentine's day. So if you don't know what to get to your *book obsessed* love of your life, here's a suggestion!! ;)

Myself, i'll continue searching for a place to buy (pre-order) this!!!

This better appear for sale on a place where i can buy it!!

Bookdepository..